Infrastructure Latest News

Timely action save many lives; two flats gutted

A fire broke out in a building in the Laxmi Nagar area of ​​Kanakia at Mira Road. Preliminary information suggests that the fire started due to a short circuit in the electric duck. The fire broke out on the first floor of the Vasudev Sky High Tower in Laxmi Nagar.

According to the fire brigade officer, flat No. 101 and 102 completely turned into ashes. The fire was so intense that even adjacent flats and corridors were also damaged badly.

According to the sources, “Fire Control Room received a call at 10:39 P.M while fire brigade officials with tankers and fire engines from Kanakia sub-station reached the spot at 10:43 P.M.”

“As soon as the fire was reported, three fire engines, six fire trucks and one Turn Table Ladder (TTL) van reached the spot. Firefighters have controlled the blaze. About two officers and 50 firefighters rushed to the spot and tried to control the blaze,” said Prakash Borade, Chief Fire Officer, MBMC.

“We restricted the fire from spreading to the upper floors through the duct. All residents were evacuated from the upper floors using a manual ladder and also the 39 meter TTL,” he said.

“With about 250 people (including senior citizens and children) living in the building, firefighters managed to douse the blaze from outside the building on time. Preliminary information suggests that the fire broke out due to a short circuit at the electric duck. Fortunately, no casualties were reported in the blaze,” said Borade.

The fire brigade officers are investigating further to find the reason behind the fire.