On Wednesday, MLA Geeta Bharat Jain informed the media person that the Uddhav Thackeray led Maha Vikas Aghadi Government has sanctioned funds of nearly 1000 crores for the overall development works of the twin city of Mira Bhayander.
Mrs Jain said, “Mira Bhayander needs a network of internal water supply systems before it can start receiving water from Surya Dam under Surya Water Supply Scheme. Significantly, the state government has sanctioned a fund of Rs. 473 crore for this.”
MBMC has prepared a project report of Rs. 473 crore for this. However, as MBMC is unable to spend such a huge amount, a fund of Rs. 473 crores sanction from the state government,” said Jain.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the government has spent a huge amount on the health and safety of citizens since March 2020. During Corona era, around Rs. 1.3 crores has been spent on oxygen machines and ventilators from MLALAD funds.
Funds have been sanctioned for various works in the government budget as well as at the administrative level. Environment and Tourism Minister Aditya Thackeray has sanctioned Rs. 5 crores for providing civic amenities at pilgrimage sites under the Regional Tourism Development Plan.
“He has sanctioned a fund of Rs. 10 crores for beautification and strengthening of Janjire Dharavi fort at Chowk of Bhayander West on our request,” said Mira Bhayander MLA.
From Bhayander to Vasai and here to Thane, Kalyan – Dombivali, Bhiwandi, and the state government has taken initiative to provide Rs. 330 crore for RO-RO waterways in the recent budget. “The much-delayed project was sanction funds so that the citizens will get the facility of water transportation,” said Jain.
Sanction of various works and funds for the development of Mira Bhayander
- Fund of Rs. 1 crore for Dalit settlement under Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Social Development Scheme.
- About Rs. 2 crore for open gym and necessary work in about 15 parks.
- Rs. 40 lakhs for construction of Road on Bhayander East parallel to railway station.
- Rs. 40 lakhs for construction of square and signal facility near Delta Garden Building at Mira Road East.
- Rs. 65 lakhs for beautification of the park at Reservation No 178, at Naya Nagar, Mira Road.
- About Rs. 2.25 crores for high masts at 17 places.
- Rs. 1 crore for senior citizen center and library at Murdha village, Bhayander West.
- Rs. 1 crore for installation of CCTV in Uttan Police Station Jurisdiction.
- Rs. 75 lakh for construction of skating park at Reservation no. 94, Near Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Hospital.
- Rs. 50 lakhs for repair and beautification of cemetery at Mira Road East.
- Rs. 20 lakhs for cemetery at Penkarpada.
- Rs. 75 lakhs for beautification of Mandali Lake at Bhayander West.
- Rs. 45 lakhs for newly developed Maharana Pratap Udyan at Bhayander West and construction of Musical Garden.
- Fund of Rs. 5 crore for cement concreting of twin city roads.
However, some projects have not been allotted funds. “I’m hopeful that in near future, I will be able to bring funds for the projects which are in pipeline. In which, funds for widening and strengthening of Road from Subhash Chandra Bose Maidan to Uttan Gaon and renovation of Bhayander Police Station.