Fire at Mira Road
Latest News

Fire broke out due to short circuit at Mira Road

A fire broke out in a flat due to a sudden short circuit in an old refrigerator at Sunder Nagar, Mira Road on Saturday.  However, no casualty was reported but the family lost their belongings in this fire.

A sudden fire broke out after a short circuit in an old refrigerator on the third floor of Vighnaharta Darshan building in Sundar Nagar complex, Mira Road. The incident took place on Saturday afternoon within the limits of Mira Road Police Station. The fire has destroyed all the belongings in the house. No casualties were reported. However, the family is devastated by the incident at the time of Corona pandemic.

Due to lockdown, citizens have many complaints. People are staying at home following the orders given by the government. In such a situation, these types of incident are breaking the calmness. “The fire has destroyed everything in the house, but fortunately no one was injured. On the one hand, the Corona plague has come, and on the other hand, the fire crisis has hit the family. This family is being come in a lot of problems,” said one of the family member.

“As soon as we received the information about the fire, two fire fighting engines were sent to the spot and tried to extinguish the fire. We manage to control the fire within 30 minutes. Goods worth Rs 3 lakh 50 thousand were burnt to ashes but no loss of life was reported. The fire was caused by a short circuit,” said Chief Fire Officer Prakash Borade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *