In an unfortunate incident, a 14-year-old boy died after being electrocuted with a flash of lightning during the rains fell on him at Patan Bundar, in the coastal area of Uttan, Bhayandar on Wednesday evening.
According to the Uttan Coastal Police, the incident was reported from the Patan Bunder area at around 6 PM. The boy identified as Kumar Supriyan Sachin Bhandari (14) was playing cricket with his friends when the lightning hit him.
“He was playing cricket with his friend when the incident took place. It’s raining since evening at Bhayandar area,” said Malcolm Francis Bhandari, deceased uncle.
“He was the third child of the parents and was very active,” said Bhandari
The boy was rushed to the Wockhardt Hospital in Mira Road where he was declared brought dead. “One boy has declared dead on arrival at Hospital, whereas other colleagues are safe,” said Satish Nikam, Sr PI, Uttan Coastal Police Station.
An Accidental Death Report (ADR) has been registered at the Uttan Coastal Police Station. Further investigations were underway.